Last Updated: June 25, 2023
Effective Date: December 27, 2018
Radish Health Inc.
900 Broadway, Suite 903, New York, NY 10003
Phone: (833) 472-3474
- A Note About Individuals Under the Age of 16. The Services provided through Radish are not intended for individuals under the age of 16. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 16. If an individual under 16 submits Personal Data to Radish and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of an individual under 16, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from an individual under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
- Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, phone number, e-mail and mailing addresses, gender, and date of birth when you use our Services (“Account”).
- If you use our Services on your mobile device, we may collect your phone number and the unique device ID number.
- You may be asked to provide information necessary to complete transactions via the Services, including your name, credit card, and billing information. We do not store your credit card information directly on our servers, but this information may be collected and stored by our third party payment processor(s), who will help process and fulfill your purchases. When you submit credit card numbers, that information is encrypted using industry standard technology.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily as part of the Services, including information about your medical condition, physician referrals, prescriptions, and other related health information we may collect or store on behalf of the Practice, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Services that state that Personal Data is being collected.
- Information Collected via Technology.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Pixel Tag In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, which are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Data.
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable users to opt out of tracking on our Services.
- Flash LSOs. When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, and information about the type of device you use. This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
- Information Collected from Third Parties. We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from third parties, such as Providers and pharmacies. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Services in order to improve the Services we provide.
- Information Collected while Using the Radish Health Mobile Application
- While using Radish Health Mobile Application, in order to provide features of Radish Health Mobile Application, We may collect/access, with Your prior permission:
- Location data for analytics and during the use of our messaging feature while using the app
- Wi-Fi connection status to ensure you have proper internet connection for a fast and reliable experience
- Camera, Audio, and Bluetooth to transmit audio/video to enable our telehealth services
- Calendar to create upcoming appointment reminder
- Files and Images storage to upload/download health-related records
- Audio and Video storage to upload/download health-related records and communicate with care team over chat
- Apple Health/Google Fit to provide you with personalized and comprehensive care
We use this information to provide features of Our Service, to improve and customize Our Service. The information may be uploaded to the Company’s servers and/or a Service Provider’s server or it may be simply stored on Your device.
You can enable or disable access to this information at any time, through Your Device settings.
- Use of Your Personal Data
- General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We may use your Personal Data in the following ways, depending on the particular types of Services received:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your account in a third party electronic medical record (“EMR”) system;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Services;
- send e-mails and text messages to you to provide notifications and authorizations in connection with the Services;
- allow the Practice to communicate with you in connection with the provision of medical services, such as telephonic medical consultations with you for prescription refills or make other telephone calls, send e-mails and text messages to you in connection with the Services;
- facilitate the transmission of consent forms with the Practice; and
- facilitate the transmission of electronic prescriptions to pharmacies.
- User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial. We may post user feedback on the Services from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with our Services, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data and aggregated and other de-identified information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with our third party service providers to: provide you with our Services, to process payments, to maintain your EMR file, maintain databases, to conduct quality assurance testing, to provide technical support, to provide messaging services, and/or to provide other services to Radish.
- Data Security. We take extensive measures to protect the security of the information you provide us, employing physical, electronic, and administrative procedures. When using specific features of our Services, we utilize industry-standard SSL encryption to reinforce the security of data transmissions. To ensure your privacy and security, your account information is password-protected. While we make every effort to safeguard your information, it is important to note that the security of the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and we cannot ensure the security of information transmitted through it.
We want to emphasize that safeguarding your Personal Information is a shared responsibility. We strongly advise you to take necessary precautions when accessing the Internet or communicating with us and others online. It is recommended to regularly change your passwords, use a combination of letters and numbers, and utilize a secure browser. If you suspect any compromise to the security of your account or if you believe someone else is using your account, please notify us immediately at email@example.com. In case of any loss, theft, or unauthorized use of your information, username, or password, please update your account promptly or inform us, and we will assist you in updating your account details.
- Your Choices Regarding Information. You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
- Deleting Your Personal Data. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request to delete your Personal Data that we maintain. However, we may retain an archived copy of your records, including information related to your EMR file (which we maintain on behalf of the Practice), as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Declining to Provide Personal Data. You may decline to provide certain Personal Data to Radish. Declining to provide Personal Data may disqualify you for features of the Services that require certain Personal Data.